The Rays' bats showed up Tuesday night at Tropicana Field, blasting four home runs to take care of Los Angeles. The Rays took home a 5-0 victory over the Angels. They now improve to 10-7 and 6-1 at home. Tampa Bay had an overall great baseball game. The offensive attack included a quartet solo home runs. The home-run hitters of the night (in order) were Desmond Jennings, Luke Scott, B.J. Upton, and Carlos Pena. B.J. Upton had a sacrifice fly as well. David Price did not let the Angels score as he dominated with a complete game shutout. Price only let up 5 hits while striking out 6 and picking up his third win of the season. The Rays improve to 10-7.
Here’s some notable stat lines:
- E. Santana: L 5 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 K.
- Pena, Upton, Scott, Jennings: HR each.
- Albert Pujols: 0-4.
News and Notes:
- The Yankees lost Tuesday night to the Rangers 2-0, the Red Sox picked up a 11-2 win against the Twins, and The O's beat the Blue Jays 2-1.
- The Rays signed Hideki Matsui to a minor league contract. Click here for The Rays Way's analysis on the move.
- The Rays continue the series tommrow night at home at 6:40, Jeremy Hellickson will square off against C.J. Wilson.