The Tampa Bay Rays dropped their fourth straight game Sunday afternoon to the Red Sox 6-4. This was the third game of this four game series, the Rays have lost all of them so far. The Rays young rookie Matt Moore was rocked early by Boston as Cody Ross hit a three-run home run to start the second inning. It continued in the fourth when Kelly Shoppach drove in David Ortiz with a double. The Rays tried to fight back with back to back RBI doubles from Carlos Pena and Evan Longoria in the top of the fifth inning. Luke Scott tied it up with a home-run in the next inning making it 4-4.
However the Red Sox would get back in the scoring category in the bottom of the 6th with a RBI double from David Ortiz. Mike Aviles homer in the next inning would pretty much end the day for the rookie Moore. His line was 6.1 innings, 8 hits, 6 runs, 4 walks, 5 strikeouts. The Rays could not rally anymore off Boston and lost the game 6-4. Bostons pitcher Doubront's line was 5 innings, 9 hits, 4 runs, 5 strikeouts.
Some other notables were
- Evan Longoria (1-4) double,RBI
- Carlos Pena (1-5) double, RBI(2)
- Luke Scott (1-4) home run
- David Ortiz (3-4) 2 doubles, RBI
- Cody Ross (1-2) home run, 3 RBI, 2 walks
- Desmond Jennings (2-5)
- Joes Lobaton has been place on the 15-day DL. Chris Gimenez was called up and will be Jose Molina's short term back-up.
- Luke Scott and David Ortiz have been on a tear this series. Luke Scott has two home runs and 4 RBI's while Ortiz is 9-13 with 8 RBI's.
- Tomorrow the Rays finish up the four game series with Boston as they send James Shields to the mound to face Daniel Bard. First Pitch will be at 11:05 AM due to the Boston Marathon happening later in the day.